When Will Perform Analysis Tools Be Added to the New Map Viewer?

06-06-2022 10:59 AM
JoshKing1
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone, 

I have been trying to locate some information on this topic, but have had no luck.  I was hoping to find out if there is a plan to add the spatial analysis tools ("Perform Analysis") from Map Viewer Classic to the newer Map Viewer.  I was surprised that these tools were not in the newer Map Viewer by the official launch in April of 2021, and continue to be surprised/disappointed that they are still missing over a year later. 

I teach 9th grade high school students how to use ArcGIS Online (mainly Map Viewer and StoryMap) as part of an Environmental Earth Science course and teaching them two separate Map Viewers is challenging and seems unnecessary.  I am also trying to convince colleagues to use the platform, but using two different Map Viewers for different assignments is a deterrent.  Sometimes I wonder if these tools are still missing because most people using the Map Viewer platform are not using them, but I would find this surprising.  I really am confused by the fact that these tools are still missing from the new Map Viewer and would greatly appreciate some insight as to why they are not included and if they will ever be included.

I apologize in advance if this topic has been clearly addressed and I just could not find it.

Thank you for reading, 

Josh

2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is in active development. We are planning to get this into Map Viewer for end of this year.

0 Kudos
JoshKing1
New Contributor II

Hello @RussRoberts,

This is great news!  Thank you for sharing.

Josh

0 Kudos