Select to view content in your preferred language

When using the REST pages I constantly get token fail outs

10-26-2022 09:08 AM
Labels (1)
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ever since the new REST pages came out I constantly fight the Token required battle.  If you wait even a short time no matter what I click on I get this message.

DougBrowning_0-1666799890030.png

There does not seem to be a way to get it back either.  Things like creating a replica puts you on the waiting page - if I click the Check button it wants a token and stuck.  Same thing with the output URL.  I tend to have to open a new window and click until I get a token in the URL then copy paste that over to the download URL to get it to go.

Token required.gif

Why can't it just refresh the token for me?  Why does it keep getting stuck like this?  Drives me nuts for months now so finally posting.  This is just one example it happens all the time.

Also can we get rid of the new popup type window for rest and go back to pages.  Using the back button and such all breaks.  It also is hiding the token in the URL from me.

thanks a lot

2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I hear you, the new format is frustrating.

Curious how you are accessing the REST services.  With the new format, go to the item detail page and click View the URL link:

RhettZufelt_0-1666806656740.png

Then, right click on the REST link at the upper right and choose, open in new tab/window.  (You can't just click on it or it tries to link it to your org path rather than the server path.  When it opens in a new tab/window, you will have the full path including the token.

RhettZufelt_3-1666806964799.png

RhettZufelt_2-1666806883836.png

Hope this helps as was not intuitive at all.

R_

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can do this to get a new token but I can never get back to the job status page of the replica.  This new popup window interface is just plain not working out.  It really should just go get a new token for me.  Just so weird and frustrating.

I need the URL to get back to this page

DougBrowning_1-1669659283639.png

thanks

0 Kudos