Webhooks and Views

03-14-2023 11:55 AM
Labels (1)
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Can someone explain how setting up a webhook on a hosted layer interacts with views on that layer? I'm trying to figure out if editing a layer through a view can trigger the webhook on the original hosted layer, but perhaps I'm just not setting it up correctly.

Full situation: I have a hosted layer that is edited by the public (add features only, no features visible). That triggers a webhook upon feature creation to email staff. I now want the staff to edit that feature on a view (private, all editing enabled, all features visible), but I can't seem to get the webhook to trigger again. I'm thinking it won't work because they aren't editing the original hosted layer directly, but that would be disappointing as views are needed in a lot of projects to protect data.

2 Replies
IanNelson11
New Contributor II

Were you able to resolve your problem? I believe I'm having the same issue with a view layer and Intergomat/Make. When a feature is created in the view layer my webhook from the original hosted layer won't trigger. 

If anyone has any suggestions.

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm still not sure how it all works, but my workaround that's sufficient for my needs right now is that staff edits the record on the view through Survey123 (used Connect to build a survey off an existing feature layer view). The survey opens to that feature, they make the edit, and hit submit. I created a webhook off this new survey, so whenever there is a submission (an edit), the Make scenario runs. I wanted a more complex setup so they could edit in multiple environments, but I was only able to get it to work through Survey123.