Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Map Locate by Layer Attribute

Jump to solution
05-12-2015 03:49 PM
shapo
by
Emerging Contributor

I have a problem with using the search box in a Web Map to locate a feature in a layer based on a feature attribute. For example, when I go in the search box in this test web map, http://arcg.is/1HcmaUN  , switch the searchable layer to ...Metis... and type 'thunder' , which is only one of the words in an attribute in the ...metis... layer, the search engine identifies and pulls out the whole attribute, but then it cannot locate the feature that contains it. In this particular case I get a message "Location 'MNO Thunder Bay Métis Council' could not be found". Can anyone tell me why the features in this case cannot be located? The services are in the Web Mercator Auxilliary Sphere map projection.

Much appreciated, thank you,

Tomislav

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tomislav,

I believe this is because you do not have the 'Shape' field visible in the service.  For example, if you try and add the individual layer using the below URL:

Layer: Métis Community Council (ID: 0)

You will receive an error:

Capture.PNG

Make sure the 'Shape' field is visible/enabled, and then see if the search works.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tomislav,

I believe this is because you do not have the 'Shape' field visible in the service.  For example, if you try and add the individual layer using the below URL:

Layer: Métis Community Council (ID: 0)

You will receive an error:

Capture.PNG

Make sure the 'Shape' field is visible/enabled, and then see if the search works.

shapo
by
Emerging Contributor

That must be it! It makes a lot of sense but I didn't think of it. D'oh! I

am not at my computer right now and will make this change later on today.

Thank you very much, Jake, for such a speedy help!

Tomislav

0 Kudos