Web map filtering by current date?

07-01-2013 04:44 AM
ToniSevenius
New Contributor
Hi!

I have published a feature service and a web map to ArcGIS Online that shows some point features. Every feature has a date attribute that I would like to use for filtering. The filter is easy to set for a certain date but is it possible to set the filters value for current date? So that the filters value would be dynamic.

If this is not currently possible, it is a feature that should be implemented.

Any way that I can get around this problem? The point is that I have a lot of data in one feature service but I would like to see only those that are dated for current date.
Tags (2)
14 Replies
StefanUseldinger
Occasional Contributor II

Note: this is only available for Hosted Feature Layers (Apply filters—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation )

0 Kudos
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

You can use this filter and put "not in the last" 1,000 days, and it is almost the same as "on or after" today.

Kevin
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor II

This works for me. However in a popup from another layer showing related records for the filtered table doesn't work: it just loads non stop.
But if i change the filter to "date is after today" (selecting today's date), then it works without problem. I just need to be able to put today dynamically with today() or something.

0 Kudos
NicolasSoenens
New Contributor II

I found this link but I need it in the Portal.

Dynamic Date Filter 

You must sign in https://www.geo-jobe.com/admin-tools/  and it's 1000$ / year.

it is too expensive for us.

If anyone has another solution to modify the Data in Json in Portal ...

Or an other solution.

I've never done it myself.

0 Kudos
gorozcos
New Contributor

This is exactly that I was looking for, thank you Naomi!

0 Kudos