Web Map (Beta) Won't Let Me Save

05-26-2021 10:16 AM
Labels (3)
Alexa
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a web map that was created via the "Share as Web Map" option in ArcGIS Pro. The layers are configured so that they can only be viewed in what was once called Map Viewer Beta (versus Map Viewer Classic) so that is what I use. But--every time I try to save the web map I get a message that says "An Error Occurred". This happens whether I try a flat save or a Save As.  There is no indication on what is causing the error. 

Does anyone have any insight? 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Alexa
by
New Contributor

I'm able to zip and publish the geodatabase as hosted feature layers, but there are a lot of of them and I was hoping to keep the symbology from the desktop application to the web. Is there any other way to do that? 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like the shapefile layers are missing a required property and that's why save is not working.  Also not sure how you published this from Pro with the layers not all being hosted feature layers. Pro only creates feature collections from Map Notes layers. Can you share the pro project?

0 Kudos
Alexa
by
New Contributor

Can you tell me how to do that? Sorry, still a bit new to all of this. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Sure, under the Share tab, select Project and then share it to the group the current map content is in.

0 Kudos
Alexa
by
New Contributor

Thank you! I just shared it. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Quick questions

Did you create create a map notes layer first and then inserts features in them?

0 Kudos
Alexa
by
New Contributor

I didn't think I created a map notes layer at all. I thought they were all shapefiles from my geodatabase. 

0 Kudos