Select to view content in your preferred language

Web apps not working on Chrome and firefox

04-08-2013 01:51 PM
MarceloOyuela
New Contributor III
Hi,

I downloaded the basic viewer and instaled on my own server.

Works perfect on IE 9-10. but does not work in chrome or firefox.

The common error is: RequestError: Unable to load http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/portals/self?f=json status: 0

Chrome also can't find a template.

Here my web app: http://portalgis.cathalac.org/idrc/rd/

Can you plz help me??

Thank you
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Marcelo,

I was able to open your application and view it successfully in IE, Chrome And Firefox.

Try clearing your browser cache, or ensureing that the most current version of FireFox and Chrome are installed on your machine.

Thanks,

Kelly
0 Kudos
MarceloOyuela
New Contributor III
Hi,

You're absolutely right, I tried out of my work and works well in all browsers.

The strange thing is that in my work, IE works but not in the others.

Well, thank you very much, I will consult with IT.

regards
0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Did you ever find out what this error was from your IT dept. or ESRI? We're experiencing the exact same thing (IE works, FF & Chrome do not - same error) nearly 4 years later, thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

aug_aug‌ do you have a public url to your app that you can share so we can take a look?

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust

Hi Kelly - I don't, actually everything's behind our firewall.  I just commented here because this is the same exact behaviour we're seeing and I was curious, it started on Monday, previous Friday everything was fine. Our IT dept. indicated that they applied an MS/Windows patch on Fri., I looked and the patch affects IE and Windows Server 2012, possibly that has something to do with it? Not sure, but FF/Chrome started throwing same error "Unable to load //xxxx.xxxx.com/portal/sharing/rest/portals/self?f=json&dojo.preventCache=1483641xxx790 status: 0" however IE still works.

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust

Hi Kelly Hutchins - we didn't have any luck with tech support today, is there any way I could IM you the address of one of our webapps, just to see if you're seeing the same thing?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Sure you can email it to me at khutchins@esri.com

0 Kudos
MuhammadWaqar_ul_islam
New Contributor III
0 Kudos