Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Applications not displaying templates

02-18-2012 11:34 AM
ChristopherBone
New Contributor
I am attempting to create a web application. I have a map open in ArcGIS.com, I select "share" and then "make web application", but a message appears "There are no items currently available to display." Any reason for this?
Chris
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This is currently working for me.  Are you still seeing this? Does this happen no matter what map you're looking at?

Did you set a different language in your profile? Are you using the beta version of an organizational subscription?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ChristopherBone
New Contributor
Mike,

I am still seeing this message. I  have tried this with multiple types of maps (basic maps to maps with several layers) in different browsers but still get the same message. I did not switch the language preference, and I am using the beta version of an organization subscription. Would this be the problem?

Chris
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, this is related to your organizational subscription. An organization can override the default list of web app templates with their own by pointing at a group. I'm guessing someone did this, but the group they pointed to doesn't have any templates in it.

If you are an admin of your organization, edit the settings of the organization from the My Organization page. Go to the Map tab and check the setting for Web App Templates. You should be able to set it to ESRI Default and get your templates. If it's already set that way, there could be a bug here that we'll need to look into more.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II

I was having trouble with creating a gallery application from a group page and had to change the Gallery Applications setting to Esri Default on the Groups tab.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
ChristopherBone
New Contributor
Perfect. Thanks Mike - its now working. Help appreciated.
0 Kudos
AstridNg
New Contributor
Thanks -- this worked for us, too. Appreciate the clear subject line for the thread. By the way, our web app setting WAS to the Esri default. We had to change it to a group and save, then change it back to the Esri default and save in order to get it work.
0 Kudos