Web AppBuilder not displaying Web Map as designed

Jump to solution
10-06-2021 02:29 PM
DeniseKelsey
New Contributor II

I am trying to recreate, in our ArcGIS Online Account, the interactive maps we built (and share on our website) with a server-based Web AppBuilder application on our machines.  I am new to building maps and apps in an online account, but quickly figured out how to create a Web map and a Web app using the online Web AppBuilder.  The issue is the map elements, such as labels and symbology, are not displayed properly in the app.  For example, in the web map a series of points are displayed with different colors and shapes, but viewed through the web app the points are all simple open circles.  What is going on, anyone else with the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you build the web map using the new Map Viewer or the Map Viewer Classic? Web AppBuilder (for 2D apps) uses the technology for the Map Viewer Classic, so it could be that some of the symbology you've assigned is only available in the new Map Viewer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
LearnThenShare
New Contributor III

Did you share your WebMap and WebApp?  Is the data that is on the WebMap also shared?  Please provide the URLs to the WebMap and the URL to the WebApp so that we can see what you are seeing.

0 Kudos
DeniseKelsey
New Contributor II

I have not shared either the Web Map or Web App as neither are ready for prime time due to the issues.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you build the web map using the new Map Viewer or the Map Viewer Classic? Web AppBuilder (for 2D apps) uses the technology for the Map Viewer Classic, so it could be that some of the symbology you've assigned is only available in the new Map Viewer.

DeniseKelsey
New Contributor II

Thanks, I do seem to recall that I picked the new Web Viewer and remember thinking at the time - what issues is this going to cause?  Will build the map again using Map Viewer Classic and see if that solves the issues.

sjet1010
New Contributor III

How did you resolve this?

0 Kudos
MyriamBergeron
New Contributor

I have the same issue. I think Web AppBuilder does not support Map viewer, it only supports Classic. I noticed when you create a map on Map Viewer and you chose the option create an app it doesnt show Web AppBuilder.  So I think the solution and is what I will be doing myself: if you create a map on Map Viewer Classic = can use the app Web AppBuilder, if you create a map on Map Viewer (new) = use ArcGIS Experience Builder (it seems to be a mix of Web AppBuilder and Dashboard) hope it helps!

0 Kudos