Web App unexpectedly crashes and reloads repeatedly on iOS

09-29-2021 08:41 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a web app that users have been using for a number of years. It's just been brought to my attention that the app keeps crashing and reloading when opened in an Apple device. I have triangulated 2 offending feature services within the app, that, when removed, resolve the issue and the app loads successfully.

When i try and make fresh apps from scratch with either of the offending feature services, those also crash.

I have tried multiple iOS devices, and tried in safari and chrome.

I have also saved one of the feature services to FGDB, brought into Pro and republished successfully, but this version also crashes apps.

Crashing doesn't occur when the web map is opened directly. Only in the app.

I've just made an instant app from the same web map, and this doesn't crash. Just the one via WAB.

Has anyone else experienced this that could expedite my investigations a bit further?

My workaround appears to be upgrading the app to EB, if that's the issue.

Brooks_SummitGeo_0-1632930072446.png

David
..Maps with no limits..
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

We are currently experiencing this on one of our dashboards as well.  Did you ever find a solution other than upgrading to EB?

Thanks

Darryl

0 Kudos
JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever resolve this?  We are also seeing the same issue with iOS and Android with Dashboards and EXB.  I suspect it has to do with the number of points in the map feature I am using.  As I filter the number of points down in the map the crashing-reload frequency goes down but still occurs as users apply filters.   

0 Kudos