Web App Builder Application holding on to dev secure map service sign after service updated

Jump to solution
10-23-2019 09:46 AM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have a web application built using the web app builder. I have several secure map services that were on development but have now been moved to the production GIS server. I updated the web map urls using the ArcGIS Online Assistant and all the secure map services now show the production server. When looking at the urls in the ArcGIS Online Assistant I don't see any dev server urls and same when I review the web map data itself. My issue is the web app builder/application both pop up with a sign in for the secure production map services (which is what I want) but also a sign-in still pops up for a dev secure map service. The interesting thing is when I open and edit my web map the web application is linked to, I only get the production sign-in and no secure development sign-in. I can't figure out why this is. I've checked the web map and data sources and even removed the one map service the sign-in is popping up for even though when I go to the layer description it goes to the secure production map service.Why would the WAB be holding onto that secure dev service or where?

I was hoping it was a lag on the AGOL side but today it is still doing the same thing. Has anybody had this happen? I really would like to resolve the issue and not have the web app popping up with two sign-ins!

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmsmikrud

I just figured out the reason by viewing the JSON of the web app in the ArcGIS Online assistant. It turns out for the search widget I had specified to also have one of the secure map services included as a search layer. I guess this didn't update as the service is updated because it still showed the development url. I just removed the layer from the search widget and saved/launched the web app and the dev sign in is gone!!!!!!! I had checked out other widget settings yesterday to see but had forgotten about the search. So happy to have it resolved!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you cleared your browsers cache and tested again?

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

I have cleared the browser cache and history for a couple of the browsers but it still shows. I still think its interesting that the web map the web app is referencing only has the production secure sign-in but the web app has both the dev/production sign-ins. That's a good thought too on the browser history/cache. Thanks Robert!

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

I just figured out the reason by viewing the JSON of the web app in the ArcGIS Online assistant. It turns out for the search widget I had specified to also have one of the secure map services included as a search layer. I guess this didn't update as the service is updated because it still showed the development url. I just removed the layer from the search widget and saved/launched the web app and the dev sign in is gone!!!!!!! I had checked out other widget settings yesterday to see but had forgotten about the search. So happy to have it resolved!

0 Kudos