Viewing a layer package in acrgis online

Jump to solution
07-18-2016 09:46 AM
TirrellBrown
New Contributor II

Hello

So I created a multipatch feature class from a 3d model in Arc Pro. To bring it to Arcgis online, I then shared it as a layer package. Is there a way to view and project this data online, or is that something in the works? Also if not, is there a way to convert the model from a multipatch file into its various parts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

So for viewing multipatch data in ArcGIS Online as a hosted service, first you will need to use Pro 1.3 to create a scene layer package. To do this you will use the GP tool "Create Scene Layer Package" which will take your multipatch data and generate the scene layer package which you will then upload to ArcGIS Online to create a hosted scene layer which can be used in the scene viewer.

Let me know if this helps you out

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

So for viewing multipatch data in ArcGIS Online as a hosted service, first you will need to use Pro 1.3 to create a scene layer package. To do this you will use the GP tool "Create Scene Layer Package" which will take your multipatch data and generate the scene layer package which you will then upload to ArcGIS Online to create a hosted scene layer which can be used in the scene viewer.

Let me know if this helps you out

Russ

0 Kudos