View data from a related table in ArcGIS Online

11-23-2014 03:14 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I related a table to a polygon feature in arcGIS desktop, both of which are in the same geodatabase.  I then published the map to ArcOnline.  I read in another post that there was a July 2014 update that would allow me to view the related data in the pop up in ArcOnline.  This doesn't seem to be the case though.  The related table was published to the map, but doesn't seem to have carried over in the polygon feature, and is not showing up in the pop up.  Did I miss a step?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelMitchell1
New Contributor III

I recently did this and might have a little help.  I had to keep both the polygon feature and the table it relates to in the document I published.  Did you setup a relationship using relationship classes?  Did you publish directly to ArcOnline or to your Server and than add it to ArcOnline?

I'm successfully viewing related attributes in ArcOnline from the spatial data to a related table.  However if I have a spatial dataset related to a table which relates to another table ArcOnline is failing to pull the attributes from that 2nd table.

0 Kudos
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

Michael,

Is your service hosted in AGOL or from your own GIS Server?  I can't get related tables to work right using a service from our server.  The whole table to open and the related table fields appear in the popups, but empty.

0 Kudos
MichaelMitchell1
New Contributor III

We host the service on our own GIS Server and from AGOL we "add an item from the web".

0 Kudos