Vector Tile Layers and Querying

Jump to solution
11-10-2016 11:00 AM
deleted-user-wgzH2d-p_0_f
New Contributor III

Anyone know when the capability to query vector tile layers might become available?  Right now I'm using a feature layer with no symbology over top of a vector tile layer to get querying capabilities, but it's very messy in the TOC and hard for users who don't have a GIS background (because they have to toggle on two different layers...).

Or...any other options?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Annina,

This functionality isn't available yet. I would like to encourage you to log an ArcGIS Ideas‌ about this as well as contact Esri Technical Support‌. There is a product enhancement that has been submitted and I would encourage you to ask to be attached so that you can be kept up to date on the status of the issue: ENH-000095476

-Kelly

View solution in original post

12 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Annina,

This functionality isn't available yet. I would like to encourage you to log an ArcGIS Ideas‌ about this as well as contact Esri Technical Support‌. There is a product enhancement that has been submitted and I would encourage you to ask to be attached so that you can be kept up to date on the status of the issue: ENH-000095476

-Kelly

Matthew_Williams
New Contributor III

Has there been any changes/updates to this since 2016?

dmarkbreiter
New Contributor II

I'm also quite curious @Matthew_Williams  @KellyGerrow 

0 Kudos
SimonColeman1
New Contributor II

me too!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Me too. I've followed the directions in this article that states if you choose the option to cache online or on the server:

"A vector tile layer is shared with an associated feature layer. The feature layer supports editing, querying features outside the current view, and richer statistics."

I've since cached a layer online. It did indeed generate an associated Feature Service and via the settings for the AGOL item I am able to "Configure Attributes: Select the attributes to include in the vector tiles". 

Sadly however now that cache has rebuilt itself I still get no access to attributes. What am I doing wrong here @KellyGerrow ?

ahargreaves_FW_1-1629929082816.png

This enhancement request was originally asked for in 2016! https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs/ENH-000095476

DanielleKulas

I'm currently trying the same and similarly cannot get this to work in the new map viewer.  Hoping for some updates soon!

0 Kudos
DavidPuckett
Occasional Contributor

I did the same as @ahargreaves_FW above, Select attributes and Rebuild Cache. I then added a popup template that includes those attributes in the options when creating the vector tile layer but am getting this error when clicking a feature. So the question is:

Do we have access to attributes in a vector tile layer via popups? Or otherwise?

DavidPuckett_0-1643173030439.png

ahargreaves_FW

Again, I'm hoping @KellyGerrow  -  Product Manager for ArcGIS Online - can help us?

AdminAccount2
Occasional Contributor II

Okay, I'm going to jump on this bandwagon since I now need this.

Has there been any resolution? I too tried the method shown in the above posts and it did not work - no attribute data was generated along with the vector tiles. 6 years since the original request here. ESRI can you please respond?