Vector Tile Basemap Now Draws with Tile Frame Outlines

Jump to solution
08-21-2018 11:52 AM
JonathanSkloven-Gill
New Contributor III

Hello ArcGIS Online world. 

I have been hosting a vector tile package and its subsequent hosted tile layer for 4-5 months now, and as of Today (August 21, 2018), it is now rendering with a line delineating the boundary of each tile for that zoom level (See attached two screen shots). These rectangular white shapes are not of any relevant coordinate system, are not a layer within the package, and do not exist in the .mxd the tile package was generated from, not to mention that they were non-existent prior to today. These lines appear in new map views pulled directly from the hosted layer, as well as my months old web apps and web maps.

Has anyone had this happen to them before?  Any suggested solutions?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JonathanSkloven-Gill
New Contributor III

Chris,

Thank you for the idea. Sadly, its not the solution. This artifacting is happening on multiple (NOT ALL... ugh) computers in our office that I have checked. I have a suspicion that it may have something to do with the most recent update to Chrome. The one work station that isn't showing the tile lines most likely hasn't updated chrome in a while (read: year+), while most of us maintain up to date versioning. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ya, the issue with that is that I am using that same latest version and do not see the tile borders. Did you check is the sample I provided does the same?

0 Kudos