Using geometry functions with Arcade in Map Viewer

Jump to solution
03-03-2022 08:19 PM
Labels (2)
explocarto
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a Point type hosted web service. I would like to use the functions of Geometries Arcade to display on my map buffers according to a conditionality.

Is it possible to achieve this?

I have gone through the official ESRI documentation as well as this forum. I can't find a solution to my question.
Can someone write a short sample Arcade code?

I can create a public web service as needed for support.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The short answer: no.

Arcade can do lots of things, but it cannot change the actual displayed geometry in your map, beyond simply determining the value of a feature for attribute-based symbology.

If you're looking to do that, the closest thing is a Hosted Map Image Layer, but that's only available in Portal, I believe. To get dynamically modified geometry onto the map will otherwise require your own custom coding in JS or something.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The short answer: no.

Arcade can do lots of things, but it cannot change the actual displayed geometry in your map, beyond simply determining the value of a feature for attribute-based symbology.

If you're looking to do that, the closest thing is a Hosted Map Image Layer, but that's only available in Portal, I believe. To get dynamically modified geometry onto the map will otherwise require your own custom coding in JS or something.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
explocarto
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answer ! Have a nice day Josh !

0 Kudos