Select to view content in your preferred language

Uploaded Package?

08-02-2010 12:59 PM
RobertHeitzman
New Contributor
From ArcMap 10 I used Create layer Package... and picked Upload Package to my ArcGIS Online Account. The progess dialog seemed to say the upload went OK.

I can't find the name of the package from search 'SLOAPCD_Processes' on http://explorer.arcgis.com/

The package was marked Public and it was sent up several hours ago.

Should I be able to find the package via the on-line explorer?

How do I manage my uploaded content?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MollyZurn
Esri Contributor
Hi Robert,

Manage your ArcGIS Online content through the ArcGIS.com Web site. Sign in and you should see your layer package on the My Content page.

You won't find layer packages on ArcGIS Explorer Online. The supported types of content are:
ArcGIS Server Map, Image, and Feature services. See ArcGIS Explorer Online Help for more information. 

-Molly
0 Kudos
RobertHeitzman
New Contributor
I found my uploads - they are marked as shared by EveryOne - how does "everyone" view my content?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Because your layer package is now shared with everyone (public), anyone will be able to search for it and find it. They will be able to download the layer package and view it in ArcGIS Desktop clients, like ArcMap and Explorer Desktop. The layer package gets unpackaged automatically into its component parts.  You can also send (email) someone a link to your layer package by copying the URL to the details page of the layer package (in My Content, click on the name of your layer package).

Presently, layer packages can only be uploaded and downloaded. There is no support for viewing the layer package in a web application. This is something we're working on. When we do release this feature it will likely be a premium feature (for a fee).

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall
Regular Contributor
Hi Mike -

Glad to see you are here!

I've uploaded a lpk file and shared with everyone:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c019fd3067c04dc98d331fe0a75b180a

However, when I go to the map and "Search for Layers to add" with id:c019fd3067c04dc98d331fe0a75b180a in the Find box, nothing is found when I click the Go button.

I've tried this unsuccessfully for "ArcGIS online" as well as "My Content".

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi Kirk,

Yes, I am still around 🙂

To answer your question, you can't add your layer package over the map. It's not supported yet. It's something we're working on for a future release.

Hope you are well.

Mike
0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall
Regular Contributor
Hi Mike -

Thanks for the fast response.  I look forward to that future release.  That capability is going to be a BIG game changer once it's released.

Regards, Kirk
0 Kudos