Upload Layer Visibility

Jump to solution
12-16-2019 11:33 AM
JosephRosnow__-_DG
New Contributor III

I have created many maps in an attempt to build a couple cascade story map, so i have been at this for 6 months on and off.  The layer visibility I set in ARCPro (Version 2.4.1) for all layers should have layers not visible zoomed in past a scale of 1:250,000.  When I share my ARCPro maps to ARCOnline, 2 of maps I have created do not follow the scale visibility pattern I set in ARCPro. 

When I open these maps in the Mapviewer (beta) the visibility slider has no function (I cannot change the scale visibility or the drop down menu choices).  I have recreated my whole project and re-upload the map  in attempt to fix this issue only to have the the scale visibility completely wrong  and not editable, not even a range of visibility, only one view-able scale.  This functionality is taking away from my story map and is extremely frustrating to try and solve. 

If any pros or technicians have had issues with this same thing, please let me know how I can fix this on my end.  The only thing I could think of is the configuration of the map from Pro to Online (editable VS visualization).  I did try different configurations with the same result. ##storymap#mapviewer beta#story maps classic#visiblelayers#configure scale

Thanks for any help advance.  Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

I noticed that you had resolved this issue with Afiq through Esri Support - to close the loop and help other folks who might run into this issue I'm posting the answer below and marking the thread as "assumed answered." Don't hesitate to send me a DM or post here if you have any more questions about this. 

Resolution: Increasing the cache size of the hosted tile layer before publishing the data to ArcGIS Online enabled setting the visible scale range in the Map Viewer. 

Thanks,

-Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

I noticed that you had resolved this issue with Afiq through Esri Support - to close the loop and help other folks who might run into this issue I'm posting the answer below and marking the thread as "assumed answered." Don't hesitate to send me a DM or post here if you have any more questions about this. 

Resolution: Increasing the cache size of the hosted tile layer before publishing the data to ArcGIS Online enabled setting the visible scale range in the Map Viewer. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos