Select to view content in your preferred language

upgrade Scene Viewer app performance

04-22-2024 05:15 PM
gisprofuser00100
New Contributor

Hi GIS folks,

I've been working on publishing a series of REVIT files to our Portal by converting them to .SLPK data. After publishing, I add these Scene Layers into the Scene Viewer and build a 3D Instant App based on this setup.

However, I'm encountering significant performance issues with both the 3D Instant App and Scene Viewer. The loading times are excessively long, and navigating within the scenes is also very slow.

I've tried several troubleshooting steps, but unfortunately, none have improved the performance:

1. Clearing the browsing cache.
  2. Enabling the "Override software rendering list" setting.
  3. Disabling "Full Model mode" for scenes.
  4. Adjusting Scene Viewer scene properties to prioritize "Performance." on the quality.

I need a solution that allows these scenes to display quickly and efficiently in a public-facing app, as it will be accessed by a diverse audience using various devices such as laptops and smartphones.

Here's my environment info:

• ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 with the latest updates.
  • Scene Layers count: about 100 scene. Each scene size between 200 - 700 MB.

I would appreciate any guidance or additional troubleshooting tips you could provide to enhance the performance of our 3D applications.

1 Reply
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

from my experience the tweaking of the performance of Building layer can be a big deal. It depends how big/complex the Building layer is - and sometimes the problem can be on the client side (not enough resources/not enough powerful HW) - if you have AGO available alongside your AGE, try to compare the Scene Performance on AGO as well.

Also, I believe you did that, check the coordinate system between Building layer and the Scene - are they the same?

Check the texture optimalization when creating the building SLPK - The default is the Desktop, so can test it with None or All.

If nothing above helps, try to apply Building filters - yes you won´t be able to display whole building, but it might increase the performance, and the users then will change the view based on their preferences.

Hope something helps.

Vladimir
0 Kudos