Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating relational fields in online dashboard

3 hours ago
BenjamenWetherill
New Contributor III

I feel like there must be an easier way to do this, but I can't figure it out.  I want to easily update sample results for geolocated sites in a dashboard without reassigning and reloading the data to the sites each time.

I have some sites that are sampled for E.coli bacteria on a regular basis.  I would like to easily update new result data for the same sites each week.  The only solution I have been able to figure out is as follows:

1.  Create an Excel file with all results data (full history) with fields: Date, Site, Result.  And upload to ArcPro as a standalone table.

2.  Join my sites feature layer one-to-many with the standalone results table.  Join by Site.

3.  Export features of my joined sites layer to a new layer in ArcPro.  Then remove join on original sites feature layer so it is available for future use.

4.  Share the newly created exported layer as a Web Layer.  This new layer has duplicative repeated feature rows for each date a site was sampled.  Fields:  Site from feature layer, Date, Site, Result.

5.  Republish the dashboard with the newly shared layer.

It would be much simpler if I just had one unchanging feature layer of non-repeated sites and this layer was related as a relational database to a freshly uploaded table of results data.  Is this not possible in ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
0 Replies