Update data to hosted feature layer

04-30-2020 09:21 PM
BennyNein
New Contributor III

Hello, 

So I have a trail project in ArcMap. I've published it as a service to my AGOL so that I can create web apps. These web apps are using the published now hosted feature layers that I've shared (^). I have them all symbolized and displayed how I would like them to be. My question is, is there anyway to edit the original data in ArcMap and have it updated in my web maps on AGOL while keeping the symbology? I don't want to have to host a feature layer everyday and go through each layer and add it to the web map and to change it how I want it to be symbolized. I would appreciate all of the help. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SamButler2
Esri Contributor

Hi Benny, 

You should be able to export the data that you are working with in ArcMap and update the hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online with the newly exported data. You can do this by navigating to the items details page and clicking "Update" below the "Download" button of the Hosted Feature Layer. When updating the data, you must insure that the name of the file is the same as the file of the Hosted Feature Layer.

0 Kudos