Update csv file, attribute fields, and corresponding feature service

09-14-2012 03:57 PM
EvanThompson
New Contributor
Two questions/problems, that are somewhat related to each other:

First:  I have published a feature service from a csv file which I uploaded.  However, when using the "update" button to update the csv file with a new file from my desktop, it does not seem to update the corresponding feature service.  Instead, I must delete the published feature service, then republish the updated csv file.  This is a problem because it removes any formatting I may have done to the popups or symbols.  Is there a way to make the feature service update automatically when the csv file it is tied to is updated?

Second: if I need to add/delete/edit some of the attribute fields in the above feature service which comes from a csv file, the only way I can do it is by editing the csv file directly and re-uploading.  Is there a better way to do this?  I realize that you can choose what fields to display in ArcGIS Online, and edit the alias, but you cannot add fields.  I don't yet have a copy of ArcGIS for Desktop, but if I were to use that program to directly publish feature services, would that make editing/adding/deleting attribute fields easier?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies