Unavailable Feature Layer

Jump to solution
10-02-2014 07:52 AM
AdamMortenson
New Contributor

I am trying to add a feature layer created from a geodatabase in order to collect data in the field. However, when I try to add the layer to my map in AGO, it says that it is unavailable. Would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to why this is, and how to get around it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonSawle
Esri Contributor

Do you need to use the layer from the geodatabase? If not there a few other ways to create a feature service:

How to create a hosted feature service | ArcGIS Blog

I usually create my feature services via the Developer site, which always works well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JasonSawle
Esri Contributor

Hi

Do you have editing turned on for the feature service?

Regards

Jason

0 Kudos
AdamMortenson
New Contributor

I believe so, but not entirely sure at the moment. My organization is new to AGO, so I am trying to figure it out in order to train in my supervisors.

0 Kudos
JasonSawle
Esri Contributor

To check, go to the feature service details page, click on Edit and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see a series of check boxes, one of them allows editing.

0 Kudos
AdamMortenson
New Contributor

Yes, I believe I have done that.

0 Kudos
JasonSawle
Esri Contributor

Do you need to use the layer from the geodatabase? If not there a few other ways to create a feature service:

How to create a hosted feature service | ArcGIS Blog

I usually create my feature services via the Developer site, which always works well.

0 Kudos
AdamMortenson
New Contributor

Not necessarily. I only need access to the domains and feature classes to be able to be uploaded to a map in the cloud service. i will try the blog. Thank you!

0 Kudos