Select to view content in your preferred language

Unassign Expired Licenses

3 hours ago
Labels (1)
RemWilson1

Hello,

I have administrative privileges in my ArcGIS Online Organization and manage a large number of users. Our administration recently renewed our subscription and with it came add-on license changes (not all licenses were renewed). I need to convert a significant number of licenses that are no longer available and considered "expired" over to a new license type for the same application (Drone2Map); however, I cannot see or find a way through the interface to find the expired license type and unassign it so I can assign the new one.

Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@RemWilson1 
have you considered using python to automate adding and removing the license?
https://developers.arcgis.com/python/guide/accessing-and-managing-users/

What I would do is remove all drone2map licenses then generate a new license file from myesri then add that license file to agol. From there you can add drone2map back to all members that had it.
Python can export a list of all members extensions s you can make sure you add back the correct users.

0 Kudos
RemWilson1

I'll look into it. I'm not fluent with Python, so it's not something I generally consider, and unfortunately, no one else in the organization is either. You would think that AGOL would show or auto-unassign those licenses, so you could manage them accordingly. I was hoping it was a setting or page I was missing.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@RemWilson1  Its a good idea. Why do you add that as an idea on the idea page?

0 Kudos