Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to embed a map in my page Error "page moved or deleted"

12-18-2016 12:14 PM
AnaMojica
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm new on ArcGIS online and I'm having problems trying to add a simple polygon map in my test page. I followed the steps described in websites and an ESRI youtube video, but no matter what I do when I open my html file the page only shows a grey box with a sad face symbol and underneath a message saying "It may have been moved or deleted"

the code in my page is the following:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>My first map</title>
</head>
<body>
<h2>My ArcGIS Online Map</h2>
<style>.embed-container {position: relative; padding-bottom: 80%; height: 0; max-width: 100%;} .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container iframe{position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%;} small{position: absolute; z-index: 40; bottom: 0; margin-bottom: -15px;}</style><div class="embed-container"><iframe width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" title="test1" src="//www.arcgis.com/apps/Embed/index.html?webmap=30f1b654d5a440d3a49874ef8ddd9bdf&amp;extent=-128.1068,39.136,-101.7177,50.8524&amp;zoom=true&amp;scale=true&amp;disable_scroll=true&amp;theme=light"></iframe></div>
</body>
</html>

I'm using Sublimetext3  to edit my html.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to launch the webpage directly from a local-drive?

If I save the webpage inside C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder, and access the webpage from IIS Manager, I am able to view the embedded map.

If you don't want to save it in ...inetpub\wwwroot folder, you may add a new website from IIS Manager and add the appropriate physical path for the website (which contains the desired website folder). Add a new website to IIS 7.5 - IIS Underground 

Think Location
AnaMojica
New Contributor

Thanks Jayanta,

yes, I was trying to open the html from a local drive as it indicated in a courseware that I'm using to learn about web mapping. The additional problem I have is that I work in a PC and most of the time in a Mac. Any suggestion to open the file locally in both systems?

0 Kudos