Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Create New Features in an Editable Layer Using Web Mapping Application

05-30-2013 07:09 AM
JasonBrown
Occasional Contributor
Greetings!

We wanted to develop a very basic web mapping application that would allow end-users the ability to add, update, and delete features for an editable layer (in this case a road network).

I have completed the following:

1.) Developed/shared a web map
2.) Published and Downloaded a web mapping application using the configurable Basic Viewer application template (with feature editing capability) available from ArcGIS online.
3.) Installed on our web server, and performed some minor customization.

Almost everything looks great, and performs as it should, with one exception:  We are unable to add new features to the editable layer.  We can select existing features and modify/delete them, but we can't add new.  I am not using ArcGIS Server.

I might also add that if I publish the web mapping application directly to ArcGIS online, I can perform edits just fine.

What am I missing?  My head hurts from beating it against this brick wall...

Should I have posted this in the JavaScript API Forum?

Thank you in advance!

Jason
Tags (2)
10 Replies
JasonBrown
Occasional Contributor
We are having the exact same issue with our web service.  The attribute information can be edited but when we go to the edit screen in ArcGIS Online even though the layer is there we cannot add data/move data.  Was there any head way made on this issue?

Unfortunately, no.  We basically ended up going in a completely different direction with this particular project.  THANKS!!
0 Kudos