Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to create map using Basicviewer from my local server

02-10-2013 06:32 PM
HelenYang
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

I've created a map from ArcGIS online using my own arcgis server services, shared the map with everyone, and even publish a web application using the Basic viewer template from ArcGISOnline.

However, when I downloaded the bisicviewer template to create a web application from the local web server, I got the error message - Unable to create map: "Unable to load http://localhost/sharing/content/items/xxxxxxx?f=json status:404".

I understand 404 meaning the web page not found. It could be security related, as my server is behind the firewall and proxy. So I set up a proxy page according to the http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/jshelp/#ags_proxy, although I am not sure if my proxy setup is correct. How do I know if my proxy page setup correctly?

Could any one suggest what I should do to bypass the error? Did I miss something in setting the web page. I didn't modify anything in index.html but the WebmapID, then copied to the IIS root folder.

Thank you very much in advance.

Helen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Matt,
I use the standard php proxy page that can be downloaded from the 'Using the proxy page' help topic. Once you've downloaded the proxy and followed the instructions to set it up try setting the $mustMatch value (~ line 27 of proxy.php) to false. This will allow you to proxy any site and is a great way to test your proxy.

Help Topic
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/jshelp/#ags_proxy
Direct link to php proxy
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/jshelp/proxypage_php.zip
0 Kudos
HelenYang
Emerging Contributor
The app is looking for your arcgis.com content in the wrong location. Looks like we forgot to set a path to point it to www.arcgis.com in the download version of the template. I've attached a zip file of the updated version that should fix this problem.

Thanks Kelly.

I will try it out and let you the result.

Helen
0 Kudos
JustinConner
Frequent Contributor
This is also a problem with the Simple Map Viewer. What code can I change to make this work?
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
This is also a problem with the Simple Map Viewer. What code can I change to make this work?

Hi Justin,

I just downloaded the Simple Map Viewer template and installed on my web server. Once that was done I didn't need to do anything else to view the app.

Are you getting errors?

Kelly
0 Kudos
JustinConner
Frequent Contributor
I'm confused. It works fine in Chrome. That may be because I am logged in to arcgis in this browser, but I did close the browser and deleted cookies, history, etc.

In IE 9 I get an error box.
"Unable to create map: Unable to set value of the property 'innerHTML':object is null or undefined"

On my Andriod browser I get a "Unable to create map: Unable to load http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/content/items/<mapID>/data?fjson status: 0"

I just downloaded the zip file a few minutes ago and changed the folder name and added my map ID.
0 Kudos
davidwray
Emerging Contributor
The app is looking for your arcgis.com content in the wrong location. Looks like we forgot to set a path to point it to www.arcgis.com in the download version of the template. I've attached a zip file of the updated version that should fix this problem.

Thanks Kelly!  That fixed the problem, but I do not seem to be able to pan with my mouse inside the map when using Firefox.  IE and
Chrome seem to work fine.  can you test this on your end?
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Hi David,

Just ran a quick test and panning in Firefox (18.0.2) works for me.

Kelly

Thanks Kelly!  That fixed the problem, but I do not seem to be able to pan with my mouse inside the map when using Firefox.  IE and
Chrome seem to work fine.  can you test this on your end?
0 Kudos
davidwray
Emerging Contributor
Hi David,

Just ran a quick test and panning in Firefox (18.0.2) works for me.

Kelly

Tested in Firefox (18.0.2 1nd 18.0) and I cannot Pan or Zoom with the mouse.  The only way to zoom in is to use the (+ -) located on the side of the map, but i tested on another computer and it works fine.

On another note,  i am using a downloaded copy of the BasicViewer App and i configured the index.html file to use my local geocoding service.  the geocode works fine, but does not zoom into the address location, the map remains at full extent 
any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Is your geocode service public? If so can  you send the link and the address you were trying to find?

Tested in Firefox (18.0.2 1nd 18.0) and I cannot Pan or Zoom with the mouse.  The only way to zoom in is to use the (+ -) located on the side of the map, but i tested on another computer and it works fine.

On another note,  i am using a downloaded copy of the BasicViewer App and i configured the index.html file to use my local geocoding service.  the geocode works fine, but does not zoom into the address location, the map remains at full extent 
any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
DanielEisenberg
Occasional Contributor
I am having the same problem with the Edit Web app template. I just downloaded it today.

After finding this forum I tried the basic viewer linked to by Kelly, changed the key and that worked just fine... Is it possible we can get an updated version of the Edit app?
0 Kudos