Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to create feature layer from zipped shapefiles

Jump to solution
10-31-2023 08:21 AM
Labels (1)
NurhadiHaz
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

Today I'm having trouble with uploading a zip file containing shape files and creating a hosted feature layer? I have never had this problem before. Someting happens?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NurhadiHaz
New Contributor II

No I'm the only user for now. Thank you for your help. I will contact Esri support. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Hi there @NurhadiHaz 
I just tried and it worked correctly. Are you sure it is not a FGDB? Sometimes this isn't easy to tell and it will fail if you select a shp.

0 Kudos
NurhadiHaz
New Contributor II

No, it's an SHP file. My issue isn't with uploading a zip file; it's with creating a hosted feature layer from it. Every time I attempt to publish it, the process gets stuck. Additionally, when I try to create a feature layer from the existing SHP files, it doesn't work either. I have never had this problem before... 

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Are you able to share the shp file?

0 Kudos
NurhadiHaz
New Contributor II

Yes ofcourse. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@NurhadiHazI was able to publish that .zip and create a hosted feature layer.

bekbollin_0-1698767767509.png

Since you are having issues with publishing in general I suspect there may be a separate issue going on. Are other users in your organization experiencing this or just yourself? I would suggest touching base with our support staff as well to help narrow down the issue

0 Kudos
NurhadiHaz
New Contributor II

No I'm the only user for now. Thank you for your help. I will contact Esri support.