Troubleshooting process for uploading to ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
01-12-2022 03:46 PM
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have some feature layers that I am trying to publish to ArcGIS online.  When doing this from ArcPro (2.9.1) my progress bar gets to "Upload service definition" and gets hung up. When checking the log for this, there does not seem to be an error, just no progress past this step.  When I try to do the same thing from ArcMap (10.8.1), I get a similar experience, just with the progress bar text reading "Extracting files from service definition". Is there anything I can do locally to troubleshoot this issue? Without any error or log of what is wrong I am not sure how to best solve this problem. I have published services from both ArcPro and ArcMap before with zero issue using the same workflow so I am not sure what is going on.

Any help would be appreciated! 

14 Replies
AMoyers
New Contributor III

Similar issue on my end.  I have been publishing a series of layers to ArcGIS Online over the past week from what was ArcGIS Pro 2.8.  I upgraded to 2.9 and to the 2.9.1 patch and now I cannot upload any layers.  I have several different types, but the one I am most concerned about is a county-level polygon layer for a single state.  Confirmed that it gets stuck on "uploading service definition" for more than one AGOL organizational account.  As others have described, mine just keeps "uploading service definition" until it times out around 30 minutes and says simply that it failed to upload the layer.

ChadLandgraf1
New Contributor

I was just able to publish a layer and table. Maybe the issue is resolved?

AMoyers
New Contributor III

Yes, it looks like it is working again on my side.  There were a bunch of failed service definitions that ended up being published at once from the backlog too.

mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

I got something published as well, hopefully things are resolved.

DonCavinessGeo
New Contributor II

Looks like it is working again! Thanks Esri!

0 Kudos