Trouble with Smart Editor widget preset

03-22-2022 08:09 AM
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am setting up a WAB Smart Editor widget and want the current date to automatically today's date. I have tried to do this under Attribute Actions -> Preset, selecting my only date field and setting the Preset value to Current. This does not change anything, the date is not preset and has to be chosen manually. I have watched the Get smart about editing-videos and I cannot see what I am doing different. What am I missing?

I also struggle to set a preset value for a text field that will hold the name of the person registering new features. I have set the preset value to blank, but if I fill this out it does not register.

The feature layer I am working with only allows adding new features, no updating or deleting.

Will be happy for any pointers!

(This question is pretty much the same as this one: https://community.esri.com/t5/web-appbuilder-custom-widgets-questions/smart-data-editor-widget-prese... )

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@Sil_ I am assuming this is related to the same application we have discussed here: (1) Re: WAB Smart editor claiming "No appropriate laye... - Esri Community

I can observe what you have described in your application.

AlixVezina_0-1647974840564.png

The technical reason why this is occurring is the attribute template is not listed in the feature layer JSON for this field - and actually any of the fields in your service. This can occur when fields are added to the service in a certain way such a through ArcGIS Pro.

AlixVezina_1-1647974968086.png

The good news is we have a fix for this that will be released tonight USA PST, so it should work when you try again tomorrow! Let me know if you are still seeing issues with your presets then.

0 Kudos
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

Aha. Very glad to hear that there is a fix for this coming so soon, great timing for me. Thanks, really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
RobinsonJonathanDOIT
New Contributor II

Hello @AlixVezina, I'm have a similar issue with the smart editor widget on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1. I set a attribute action current data preset, but no values are entered when a feature is created.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RobinsonJonathanDOIT ,

Unfortunately there won't be a patch for this in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1, but you can download the developer edition of Web AppBuilder and add the Smart Editor widget as a custom widget in your Portal.

0 Kudos
RobinsonJonathanDOIT
New Contributor II

Thank you for the quick response, is this resolved at ArcGIS Enterprise version 11?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes this should work as expected in Enterprise 11. If it does not, please let me know as you may be encountering a different issue.

RobinsonJonathanDOIT
New Contributor II

Current Date Preset value is populating when I create feature from existing feature.  Is this expected?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

It is expected that the Preset Attribute Action should also be populated into the target feature when copying features.

0 Kudos