Trial version limitations?

02-23-2015 07:54 PM
StefanLins
New Contributor

Hoping to evaluate the software for a possible later company purchase, I registered with ArcGis Online. As a test I uploaded a csv file with 1000 rows, containing 3 sets of data separated by ';' (zip code;street;value) and coded as UTF-8. However, after being told that the software couldn't map 370 of the locations (map of Japan), I ended up with a mere 123 points on the layer. Is this a limitation of the trial version or something else? In order to evaluate the application I need to see how it handles big data of at least 800 points or more. The system says that it will map up to 1000 points (which I assume is a limitation of the trial version) so I'm a bit confused ...

Sorry for being such a 'newbie' but I just have to ask

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefan, a trial subscription should have the same functionality as a fully paid subscription (there are slight differences between public accounts and subscription accounts).

It sounds as though some of your locations could not be found. I would suggest cleaning your data to ensure that the software has a better chance of successfully geocoding the locations.

The 1000 feature limitation you describe is not limited to a trial, but to text files in general (trial or not):

From CSV, TXT, and GPX files—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

"When using addresses, the first 1000 rows of features are displayed.  (The first 250 row of features are displayed if you are using a public account or are not signed in.) If you have publishing privileges in your organization, you can add a larger number of features to your map by publishing a hosted feature web layer."

Hope that helps.