track users adding and deleting items

Jump to solution
12-20-2017 07:45 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to track what users are adding/removing/editing items (maps, applications) in AGOL? a log report or similar. I am not talking about tracking edits for a feature service, but maps and apps themselves.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Joe,

Sorry for the late reply. Check out the History API that is currently documented through the Early Adopters Community. It has functionality to make these queries. We'd love to have you try it out and give us your feedback.

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2018/03/13/arcgis-online-user-and...

-Kelly

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hey Joe,

Sorry for the late reply. Check out the History API that is currently documented through the Early Adopters Community. It has functionality to make these queries. We'd love to have you try it out and give us your feedback.

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2018/03/13/arcgis-online-user-and...

-Kelly

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

Hi Kelly,

thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. Can we test this API on our active organizations or do we need to use the test/sample org.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

all your example API calls with the your tokens are giving my unauthorized token errors. I also tried to do it on my own org. and it just redirected me to the developers API page

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hey Joe,

I've updated the links in the EAC so they will work now as a sample. You can test this on active organizations or the sample organization if you find your active organization has a lot of data to sift through. Let's move this conversation over to the EAC forums so we can look into why it isn't working on when you tried.

-Kelly

KellyGerrow

Hey Joe,

I'm going to mark this question as answered for now so more people can find it. Look forward to hearing your feedback in the EAC.

-Kelly