Time Slider Widget not in Web AppBuilder

Jump to solution
12-14-2020 05:31 AM
tqwhitetech
New Contributor

Hello all,

I have a time-enabled layer that I brought online from ArcGIS Pro. I had time enabled on the layer and the slider appears in both the ArcGIS Pro map, as well as the map when I load it on AGOL.

I want to put this into a Web App, preferably with the dashboard theme, however when I go to add the Time Slider widget, it is not listed in the list of widgets. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The answer to this can be found in the widget's manifest. More specifically, in the inPanel property. In the standard WAB interface, you won't see this, but refer to the WAB Dev docs for details.

What it comes down to is that the time slider widget's inPanel property is set to "false". This means that the time slider widget cannot be contained within a panel-specific widget, such as a dashboard panel or a fixed sidebar, as in the Jewelry Box theme.

Other examples of this property would be the Summary, Incident Awareness, and Swipe widgets. These widgets don't exist inside of a "box" framework that can be assigned to a panel, but rather have a very specific function / position in the app.

Notice the way the Time Slider appears in a map:

jCarlson_0-1607955499638.png

As with the other examples, this element can't just be reassigned to a panel. You can have a widget button (under the search bar, for example) that launches this widget, regardless of the theme chosen, but that's it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The answer to this can be found in the widget's manifest. More specifically, in the inPanel property. In the standard WAB interface, you won't see this, but refer to the WAB Dev docs for details.

What it comes down to is that the time slider widget's inPanel property is set to "false". This means that the time slider widget cannot be contained within a panel-specific widget, such as a dashboard panel or a fixed sidebar, as in the Jewelry Box theme.

Other examples of this property would be the Summary, Incident Awareness, and Swipe widgets. These widgets don't exist inside of a "box" framework that can be assigned to a panel, but rather have a very specific function / position in the app.

Notice the way the Time Slider appears in a map:

jCarlson_0-1607955499638.png

As with the other examples, this element can't just be reassigned to a panel. You can have a widget button (under the search bar, for example) that launches this widget, regardless of the theme chosen, but that's it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
tqwhitetech
New Contributor

@jcarlson I see! Thank you so much for the help and thorough explanation!

0 Kudos