Time Aware Application Slider Keyboard Navigation?

Jump to solution
02-07-2017 09:47 AM
JoanneMcGraw
Occasional Contributor III

I have created an AGOL application using the latest Time Aware template (as of today, not one of the deprecated ones). 

My application needs to support Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. I can tab to the dijitSliderImageHandles and use the arrow keys to shift them; but how can I start/stop the time slider itself? I can't seem to tab to the arrow for play...

Is there a shortcut key when the map has focus? 

I know ESRI tries to support Accessibility standards, I'm wondering how they are doing so with this component. Anyone have any idea?

Cheers

jtm

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for reporting the problem we are working hard to meet the WCAG 2.0 guidelines for the template apps. We fixed this issue while making some accessibility improvements for the upcoming release. Once the next release goes live (pre Dev Summit) you'll be able to tab into the play/pause controls on the time slider. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for reporting the problem we are working hard to meet the WCAG 2.0 guidelines for the template apps. We fixed this issue while making some accessibility improvements for the upcoming release. Once the next release goes live (pre Dev Summit) you'll be able to tab into the play/pause controls on the time slider. 

0 Kudos