Select to view content in your preferred language

Tiled Package for Offline Maps

05-20-2014 07:24 AM
KeslerRandall
New Contributor
I've created a tile package of a raster image and have uploaded it to my content.  Once I add it to an online map, I can not enable the map for offline use.  Any idea how to add a tiled package and be able to use the map offline?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Hosted tiled services do not support export and cannot be taken offline. You will need to sideload the tpk onto the device and have your web map just use a default esri basemap or a 10.2.2 tiled map service with export enabled. This will make the web map downloadable and then when you go to take the map offline you can pick to use your sideloaded tpk.

Russ
0 Kudos
KeslerRandall
New Contributor
I apologize as I am new to ArcGIS Online and using the Collector App.  How do I sideload the TPK?  I'm using an Android device.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
HaydenFoley
New Contributor III

Hi Russ, I have a related question. Can you create for the purposes of 'Offline Basemap' usage, a TPK file from an ESRI 'Image Service'? or can a TPK file only be created from a 'Tiled Map Service'?

I have an ECW covering a large part of the State that will make a great 'Offline Basemap'. It therefore requires chopping up into a number of TPK files ready for device download depending upon project area of site visit etc.

My dillema is

1) the ECW format will not direct support 'Tiled Map Service' creation (unless converted first)

2) the format can be used to create an 'Image Service' with the Image Server Extension.

Help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hayden Foley

0 Kudos