terrain basemap issue

Jump to solution
06-04-2019 09:01 AM
ColinGreen
New Contributor II

This is something I am noticing since I started using ArcPro for a lot of my day to day work.  I have been using the Terrain plus labels basemap, as I like the look of it, and it doesn't add extra colour to maps.  I have just started noticing that the hillshade layer goes away if I zoom in closer than 1:800000.  There is no Visibility Range set on the layer, and both In Beyond and Out Beyond are set to <NONE>.  The Reference layer stays visible, and seems to be fine.

Even stranger, I am in Canada, and if i pan down to the border, the US side of the basemap is visible at all view scales.

Is there some setting I have inadvertently turned on, or off?  Or some weird bug that targets northern areas?  I have removed and added to no avail, and I have flushed the cache, in case that was corrupted.

Any Ideas?

Colin

EDIT: on further examination, it is a single tile that is not displaying, outside the boundary the base map behaves as expected.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinGreen
New Contributor II

Just an update, this is apparently a known issue, and the workaround is to use the World Hillshade base with the Terrain labelling.  A few extra clicks, but it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColinGreen
New Contributor II

Just an update, this is apparently a known issue, and the workaround is to use the World Hillshade base with the Terrain labelling.  A few extra clicks, but it works fine.

0 Kudos