Survey schedule without Workforce

02-11-2023 04:30 AM
BenLimburn
New Contributor II

I would like to schedule volunteer wildlife surveys throughout the year at various sites (polygons). I would like volunteers to click on the polygon site feature in a webmap to view a custom pop-up (e.g. below) which shows who is surveying at a given site on a given month.

I need a method which allows volunteers to add their name to available months themselves, and also remove their name if they can no longer commit to it (therefore allowing another volunteer to allocate themselves to the newly available month). Ideally the method would prevent people from overwriting other people's names.  

I do not want to use Workforce, because volunteers need to be able to allocate themselves surveys without a coordinator to manage it. We have experimented with Smart Editor, but people can overwrite each others names in the month fields  - unless there is a solution for this? Also, I don't feel the Smart Editor form (screenshot below) is simple/clear/user-friendly enough for volunteers (some who are not tech savvy). Is it possible for the pop-up to be editable? Are there any other solutions the Esri Community can suggest?

Thank you for reading!

Wildlife Surveys 2023

Month

Name of volunteer

Notes

February

Joe Bloggs

March

Joe Bloggs

April

John Smith

May