Summary Widget is not working correctly, is it?

Jump to solution
10-19-2015 10:58 AM
PabloMangudo
New Contributor

I've tested on different Summaries component. One picture is a configurable app: Summary Viewer template (blue style layoute), it's work fine.

The other (orange layoute) is a Summary Widget under a web app builder (WAB), it's doubles or triples real results.

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 1.27.58 p.m..png

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 1.27.22 p.m..png

Both are working over the same map and the same layer. It is a feature layers from feature services, as Summary Widget documentation require but I can't get it work properly. I have tested in different WAB versión with same result (Arcgis Online, Arcgis for Developer 1.2 and Arcgis Portal 10.3.1).

Any ideas/suggestion to solve it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pablo,

The inconsistency you are seeing between the Summary widget in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.2 and the Summary application template in ArcGIS Online is a bug. Specifically, a bug in the Web AppBuilder Summary widget.

FYI, we've identified and fixed the Summary widget bug in the embedded Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online.

The bug fix will be included in the next Web AppBuilder Developer Edition release, v1.3. This will be likely available sometime in Dec 2015. The fix will also be included in the next Web AppBuilder embedded in Portal for ArcGIS in the 10.4 release, estimated release in Q1 of 2016.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

19 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Pablo,

The inconsistency you are seeing between the Summary widget in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.2 and the Summary application template in ArcGIS Online is a bug. Specifically, a bug in the Web AppBuilder Summary widget.

FYI, we've identified and fixed the Summary widget bug in the embedded Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online.

The bug fix will be included in the next Web AppBuilder Developer Edition release, v1.3. This will be likely available sometime in Dec 2015. The fix will also be included in the next Web AppBuilder embedded in Portal for ArcGIS in the 10.4 release, estimated release in Q1 of 2016.

Hope this helps,

PabloMangudo
New Contributor

Thanks Derek, I'll wait for those new releases.

0 Kudos
TomGoeke
New Contributor III

Does this bug fix also address the issue that the summary widget does not respect filters applied to a layer in the web map and also does not respect whether or not the layer being summarized is set visible in the layer selection (summarizes with layer on or off)?

DerekLaw

Hi Tom,

You've identified 2 separate issues that are not part of the bug described in the original post of this thread.

> the issue that the summary widget does not respect filters applied to a layer in the web map

We have this listed as a future enhancement for the Summary widget.

> does not respect whether or not the layer being summarized is set visible in the layer selection (summarizes with layer on or off)

Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open an incident on this item with repro steps?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MichaelWainright1
New Contributor II

Derek,
I have a question about this enhancement. Does not seem to be implemented at v2.9. Can you confirm if it has been implemented on the WebApp Builder developer side?
Thanks,

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Michael,

According to the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition v2.9 Issue Addressed List, the answer is yes.

From the document,

> BUG-000103872 The Info Summary widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS does not reflect changes in the web map applied by the Filter widget when using ArcGIS Server web services. 

If you're seeing an issue, please contact Esri Tech Support to investigate.

Hope this helps,

MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Do you perhaps have the Nimbus number reference for this bug handy?

Is the WABde 1.3 on target to be released before end of year?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Michael,

Q1) Do you perhaps have the Nimbus number reference for this bug handy?

A1) I believe the NIM bug # is 000089818 - Count Value displayed incorrectly while using the Summary Widget in Web AppBuilder.

Q2) Is the WAB developer edition 1.3 on target to be released before end of year?

A2) Yes. Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition v1.3 is currently undergoing final release certification testing. We anticipate its release sometime late next week or the Dec 14th week.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CHRISJONES10
New Contributor II

Is the summary widget available in Portal. If so I don’t see it my choices.f

0 Kudos