StreamLayer from GeoEvent visualization capabilities in ArcGIS Online

04-18-2023 08:40 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Seems like out of the box support in AGOL for StreamLayers is somewhat minimal. 

I'm trying to remove old observation (those that haven't had an update in one minute say).  

In addition - configured lables show up for both the latest record as well as previous records when zoomed in.

AND no support in SceneViewer. 

Does anyone know if these things are coming shortly, or is most of the sophistication in creating visualizations on StreamLayers limited to custom JavaScript apps - 

So any of the app builders have better ways to interact with StreamLayers?

Thanks!

2 Replies
ArnoFiva
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your message, are you saying you have StreamLayer.purgeOptions configured to remove old observations and it is not working as expected? Can you confirm it works properly for MapView (2D)?

Regarding labels we are aware of flickering in 3D, but they should follow the feature if the track ID is properly configured. Would you be able to share a repro case with us?

Stream layers support for Scene Viewer and web scenes is on the roadmap but no release date yet. Would be interested to hear more about your use case!

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ArnoFiva - I'm more curious about the current (but also planned) MapViewer and SceneViewer capabilities.  We are not using any custom JS solutions yet.  Currently the MapViewer does not seem to have any purge option available. 

I work in aviation, so when flights have landed (stopped moving for some time) it would be nice to remove the map clutter, as well as 3D options to allow users to easily view flight traffic. 

0 Kudos