StoryMaps - embedded Google Streetview no working on mobile?

03-08-2021 07:23 PM
NickSetteducato
New Contributor

Hello!

I have created several StoryMaps which include an embedded view from Google Maps Streetview. The embeds work fine on desktop, however when accessing on mobile they do not. 

On mobile, the space where the embed should be says "No title, No Description" with a link to google.com

Clicking the link, you get a message "The Google Maps Embed API must be used in an iFrame"

My question is, why does this only apply to mobile and is there a way to fix this? Does it require a paid Google API token? 

Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GISLearner
New Contributor III

Hello, hope you got your issue solved. How were you able to embed Google Maps Streetview into your maps? I'm trying to figure that out and your help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
NickSetteducato
New Contributor

Hi Salma,

Unfortunately, I did not resolve this in time for the project. However, I think I identified the issue- use of Google Streetview requires an API token be included in the iframe code. 

I ended up using the "slider" widget in StoryMaps to reveal a photo of the location overlayed with an old image form the same spot. That was not quite the same as having the embedded streetview spherical pano, but it was interactive and fun!  

You can check them out here. There's a chapter for each painting called "Then and Now" 
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/0501d8f8e6284aa59bb9e355a2687704 

Cheers,
Nick 

0 Kudos