Story Map Templates

Jump to solution
10-05-2014 11:32 AM
natashaGregory-Michelman
New Contributor III

How do I get to the Story Map templates area? After I make a web map I want to use it in an Application_a Story Map as well as make a Map Tour which I realize is a different application.

I am making the maps within MY Content folders and I have the URL's but I can't seem to find a way to get to the Make an Application process that was present a year or so ago.

Thanks with any help and advice.

Natasha

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Natasha,

• In the map viewer, click Share.
    • If you have an ArcGIS Online public account, you need to share with everyone. If you’re using an ArcGIS Online subscription account (paid or free trial) and you have permissions to share content, you can share the map with everyone or with an existing group.
  • Click Make a Web Application.
  • Browse through the available templates. You can preview how the web map will look in different templates by clicking the down arrow next to Publish and clicking Preview.
    • If you like the template layout overall but want to make some changes to enhance your story map, you can download the template and use the readme file instructions to configure the changes. You will need access to a web server (and some basic HTML and JavaScript skills).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Natasha,

• In the map viewer, click Share.
    • If you have an ArcGIS Online public account, you need to share with everyone. If you’re using an ArcGIS Online subscription account (paid or free trial) and you have permissions to share content, you can share the map with everyone or with an existing group.
  • Click Make a Web Application.
  • Browse through the available templates. You can preview how the web map will look in different templates by clicking the down arrow next to Publish and clicking Preview.
    • If you like the template layout overall but want to make some changes to enhance your story map, you can download the template and use the readme file instructions to configure the changes. You will need access to a web server (and some basic HTML and JavaScript skills).
0 Kudos