Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial Reference Undefined in 10.2.2

04-26-2015 06:00 PM
jaredpilbeam
Deactivated User

Hi,

My intention is to georeference an image so as to create a Swipe Map in AGOL. First, I add my control points, rectify, then analyze before attempting to share and finally publish in AGOL. The other day I ran through these steps and it worked fine. I was able to then create the app for a simple Swipe Map. Using the same steps while adding another image to the same map back in Desktop I now continually get the spatial reference undefined error when analyzing. Or the newly created projection through rectifying just disappears and I have to add the control points all over again.

I've added some screenshots.

Thanks for any help.

-Jared

0 Kudos
10 Replies
jaredpilbeam
Deactivated User

@ Dan: I read that, thanks.

@ Jayanta: What you see of the image in this attachment is after giving it a spatial reference in ArcCatalog. I can't start adding any control points to this raster as for some reason it's not all there.

Screenshot 2015-04-28 19.15.46.png

So, I carried out the proceeding steps which did work:

1. Add raster and basemap to Desktop

2. Add control points

3. On the Georeference Toolbar, "Update Georeferencing" - this worked in giving it a GCS

4. Left click on the layer and "save as a layer file"

5. In the File menu, "Share as" then "Tile Package"

After publishing the tiles in AGOL, I'm still having the same problems with portions disappearing:

Screenshot 2015-04-28 19.09.34.png

Notice the corner missing on the smaller raster and the top missing on the bigger raster. Before this, I had a small problem with the whole raster disappearing after zoomed in past a certain scale. But to remedy that I deleted that image and went back to Desktop. On Desktop I brought the file back in and "Share as", "Tile Package" window under "Tile Format" I gave it the highest level of detail: "Building". Of course, this took the longest as it had the most tiles to upload, but I was at least able to zoom in enough to read the raster.

But, now portions are missing?

Thanks to both of you for the help so far.

0 Kudos