Sort by Attribute in a Pop-Up

07-02-2014 12:09 PM
CarlAlexander
New Contributor III
I have some historical information in a web map that happened on the same point and the data is in the same feature.  I enable the Pop-up on that feature and all the get Pop-ups for all the points.  But they are all in a random order.  Is there a way to have this be in ascending or descending order based on a date field?

Thanks,

Carl
Tags (2)
7 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
No, unfortunately there is no way to control the order.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ByronMoldofsky
New Contributor II

Is this answer still valid? I have the same issue.  It seems a basic requirement, especially when records are date-ordered.

Alternatively, is there a way to pop-up a list of selected features identified by key field (date) rather than just using the arrow to scroll through the list?

MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no way to control ordering or the result. As the layers in ArcGIS Online reference web services, we're dependent on the speed of the response of a given server and display the first response first (thus, there is no ordering of results across multiple layers). There also isn't a way to specify a sort order for a given layer. There are no current plans to change this behavior.

In your second question, do you want all the results to display in the popup at once and then you could pick one to examine it further, like ArcMap Identify? This is not possible either.

Mike

0 Kudos
ByronMoldofsky
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response Mike. On the first question: it is a definite problem that not only can one not specify a sort order for a given layer, but the default of the features sorting themselves according to default table order (ID) also does not occur. One has no control over the ordering of multiple coincident features, and when these are date-ordered the user sees them as randomly sorted instead of chronological. Just saying.

NathanEarle
New Contributor II

Is ArcGIS Online still lacking a way to sort pop-up order by date?

DanielleKulas
Occasional Contributor III

I also have this question

JennySigvardsdotter
New Contributor II

I have this question too. Tried it in the new Mapviewer as well but still displays in random order. 

0 Kudos