Some features edited with Experience Builder edit widget export with zero values in shape_length and shape_area fields

08-04-2022 08:54 AM
Labels (2)
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I've got a bizarre issue. I created an editing app in Experience Builder that uses the editor widget to create and edit polygon features in a feature service hosted on AGO. User 1 created features in Experience Builder with no issue, and I created a few additional features in ArcGIS Pro. User 2 edited some of those features in Experience Builder. 

Everything seems fine until I try to export twelve of the features from the hosted feature service to a file GDB or a shapefile. When I do that, five out of twelve features export with shape_area or shape_length values of zero and thus do not draw on the map. All five features have unremarkable values in the shape_length and shape_area fields in the hosted feature service.

All five are features that were edited by User 2. I created two of them (in Pro), and user 1 created three (in EB). Three other features edited by User 2 export without issue. Of those three features, two were created by User 1 in EB, and one was created by me in Pro.

What would cause features to export with no values in the shape_area and shape_length fields? I have exported many features from this layer before with no issue (it's a layer we use to collect field data at multiple project locations using Field Maps). I have also previously exported features from this layer that were created and edited in Experience Builder, though never by two different users. That's the only difference I can identify.

Any ideas why this happened? Any ideas on how to repair the features so I can export them? I'm going to try to make small edits to them myself to see if that somehow fixes the issue.

Thanks!

- Holly
0 Kudos
3 Replies
HollyTorpey_LSA

The plot thickens... I couldn't edit the features that won't export in Pro. When I selected the feature and tried to modify it with the Edit Vertices tool, no vertices appeared; instead, I could only see the selection outline (the feature fill disappeared). When I tested the same workflow with other features in the same layer (the ones that exported normally), vertices appeared as expected and the fill remained. And now after trying that, none of the problematic features are drawing at all, even though they remain in the table with values in shape_area and shape_length. And of course this work is on a tight deadline.

Does anyone have any ideas for rescuing these features from feature purgatory?

- Holly
0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA

Update: I opened the Experience Builder editing app and found the features still visible there. I tried editing them slightly to see if that would somehow "reset" them. That didn't work. I also tried editing them in the map viewer. That didn't work. I rebuilt the spatial index for the layer. That didn't work. Refreshing my map in Pro causes them to reappear, but they remain uneditable and unexportable. Also zooming in or out makes them disappear until the next map refresh. I'm now digitizing new polygons on top of the problematic existing ones (by eye because snapping doesn't seem to see them either). I'm just grateful that it's only seven polygons, but I would definitely like to understand what's going on before this happens again with a larger dataset.

- Holly
0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA

Another update: the same user (User 2) went out to the field and added two polygons to the same layer with Field Maps. Both show up in ArcGIS Online, but neither will draw in ArcGIS Pro. So I guess it's unrelated to Experience Builder.

- Holly
0 Kudos