Select to view content in your preferred language

Smart editor widget will not copy multiple features

08-27-2021 08:50 AM
MariaAndreoudi
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

I have been using the copy-paste function of the smart editor widget to copy points from a shapefile into a point layer that is in a geodatabase. The web map that I created for this is in ArcGIS Online. Our database is an sql database 10.5.1. In the past I could select several points at a time and I could paste them in the geodatabase point layer with the help of smart editor but this is no longer possible. When I now try to copy-paste several points at a time I get the following message: “Cannot copy multiple features using the same value for unique value fields, please select only one feature

MariaAndreoudi_0-1630079243993.png

I don’t quite understand what the message says. I tried with several other layers with the same result. Then I thought that it might has to do with my database version (10.5.1). I tried with another database that is in 10.7.1 with also the same result.

We have been struggling to get people to use web maps to do simple editing and when we just managed to achieve this, this happens. I would appreciate every help I can get on this one.

/Maria

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GarethBaker1 , the changes implemented in Web AppBuilder for the December update will be available in Enterprise 11.0. 

If you need this fix earlier, you can download the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.23, and use the Smart Editor as a custom widget into your Portal: Add custom widgets—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @AlixVezina that is really useful. I will check out the developer edition.

0 Kudos