Share as Web Layer - tiles not showing on Web Map

Jump to solution
09-29-2020 03:36 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just contacted support about this issue but thought I would post it here as well. Not sure what is going on, if I'm missing something or there is a problem somewhere else.

Problem:

• Tiles not showing on web map
  • Unable to publish tiles

Steps taken:

• In ArcGIS Pro:
    • Generate Tile Cache Tiling Scheme tool used, appears to be successful
    • Share As Web Layer > Publish Web Layer, also appears to run successfully
  • In ArcGIS Online:
    • View Tile Layer (hosted) in Web Map (does not appear on map, even when add other point data that is in the same geographic location)
    • Go to the Tile Layer (hosted) > Settings > Publish Tiles (tiles show and can be selected, but clicking Publish Tiles button loads for a while and stops but nothing happens)

Other notes:

• Worked fine before updated to current ArcGIS Pro version (was 2.3.3. before when worked, updated to 2.6.1 and now does not work)
  • Currently the Tile Layer (hosted) does seem to show content in the Thumbnail (but not on a web map)
  • Found a similar problem on GeoNet, suggested solution was to contact support: https://community.esri.com/message/804745-missing-tiles-when-publishing#
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I worked with support. They were able to replicate the issue after I sent them my data and workflow. The issue has been logged as a bug and a workaround was provided.

Bug details:

Workaround(s):

• Generate the xml in ArcMap (instead of ArcGIS Pro) - that is, the "Generate Tile Cache Tiling Scheme" tool. The remaining steps can be done in ArcGIS Pro.
  • Potential additional workaround: This is only a problem for larger scales (i.e. fine scale tiles, smaller numbers; e.g. 1:150,000), so if your map doesn't need those scales try removing them or use smaller scales (larger numbers) instead. My map does require those scales so this is not an effective workaround in my case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I worked with support. They were able to replicate the issue after I sent them my data and workflow. The issue has been logged as a bug and a workaround was provided.

Bug details:

Workaround(s):

• Generate the xml in ArcMap (instead of ArcGIS Pro) - that is, the "Generate Tile Cache Tiling Scheme" tool. The remaining steps can be done in ArcGIS Pro.
  • Potential additional workaround: This is only a problem for larger scales (i.e. fine scale tiles, smaller numbers; e.g. 1:150,000), so if your map doesn't need those scales try removing them or use smaller scales (larger numbers) instead. My map does require those scales so this is not an effective workaround in my case.
RyanMurphy1
New Contributor II

Wondering if there is a solution for those of us who would like to leave ArcMap behind, using ArcPro only?