Setting overwrite flag to TRUE (Updating hosted feature layer from Google Sheet)

05-31-2021 07:45 AM
MathieuCain
New Contributor III

Hello,

Creating a hosted feature layer on ArcGIS Online from a Google Sheet returns a non-descript error where field headings are copied over but no data. 

Running an "Update Data" ("Overwrite Entire Layer") returns an error message that the cloud drive file can't be found, followed by the following error message "Item already exists. Set the overwrite flag to true if you want to overwrite."

Enabling editing within the hosted feature layer's settings tab, has no effect. 

Confirmed that the Google Sheet has been set to "Anyone on the internet with this link can view", and that the document is also set to publish to the web (note had previously been using the Google Sheet in ArcGIS Online as a CSV "layer from web", so that changes in the CSV would update in the web map in real-time, but had encountered limitations when moving to dashboards as it wasn't a hosted feature layer).

Have also removed any special characters or spaces from my field names, confirmed the maximum number of characters in any field is 255, that there are no other sheets in the document, and have removed all the active hyperlinks in the fields. 

Is there something else that I might be missing?

1 Reply
Columbia_County_NYPlanning_Dep
New Contributor

I ran into the same problem. Renaming the hosted feature layer in the Overview window solved it for me.

0 Kudos