Select to view content in your preferred language

Set up member to only see one group

Jump to solution
10-26-2016 11:16 PM
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way for a member of the organisation to only see the contents of a group, without seeing what has been shared with the organisation?

I can add the member to a group, they can see items in the group. The trouble for me is that they can search and find items that have been shared with the organisation. I only want them to access items shared in a particular group.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark,

As a member of the organization, members can see items that are shared with the organization. Currently, there are privileges that you can set that prevent members from sharing content with the organization. If you don't want your users to view content other than the group, it may be best to prevent any users in your organization from sharing content at this level.

Do you have users that need to be able to share with the organization or public?

If this doesn't seem to meet your needs, I suggest logging an Idea at https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=f1a441b4-cf5c-4ae7-a452-73b838a.... Explain your use case and how your organization sharing is set up for your users.

-Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark,

As a member of the organization, members can see items that are shared with the organization. Currently, there are privileges that you can set that prevent members from sharing content with the organization. If you don't want your users to view content other than the group, it may be best to prevent any users in your organization from sharing content at this level.

Do you have users that need to be able to share with the organization or public?

If this doesn't seem to meet your needs, I suggest logging an Idea at https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=f1a441b4-cf5c-4ae7-a452-73b838a.... Explain your use case and how your organization sharing is set up for your users.

-Thanks,

Kelly

MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Kelly,

I was thinking along those lines of changing the privileges, so that will work for us.

Is there a way to list the items that have been shared with the organistaion?

0 Kudos
ClaudiaFries
New Contributor III

Hi all,

is this solution still valid? No chance to restrict the access to items of one group for a member other than to restrict all other users (prevent to share content to the organization)?

Thanks...

Claudia

0 Kudos