Serial chart - remove null value graphing?

04-08-2021 09:37 AM
Dana_FSC
New Contributor

Hi all - looked for an answer to this but I can't find the right one. Seems basic - I have a serial graph (line) shown below. I have several time periods during which data wasn't collected (gaps). In the spreadsheet, those are blank cells (graph is based on a CSV I upload as a hosted layer). I don't want to show the blank values as this misleads the viewer into thinking that there was a drop in concentration - when in fact I just don't have data for that time period. 

I tried using a filter for null values but this didn't give me what I was looking for - perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Also, this seems like a basic thing - don't interpolate between values (it's not set up as a 'smoothed' line type). Just don't show anything. Can anyone help? I'd share the actual dashboard, but it's for a client that doesn't want that to happen. Thanks in advance. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 12.31.45 PM.png

1 Reply
durus5995
New Contributor

To fix this for my serial chart I added a category selector to a header.  When I configured it I loaded the categories which did not pull in the blank or the null values.  Then I added an action to filter my chart.

0 Kudos