Select Widget Not interacting with some layers

06-26-2020 10:52 AM
JimWilliams
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am making an app that is really simple, it needs to use the "Select" widget. I need this tool to highlight what is selected, similar to what select does in ArcGIS desktop. The issue is that it doesn't select/highlight some leayers but it will select other layers, and both of these layers are coming from the same Map Service. Any idea on why this would happen? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyArmstrong
Occasional Contributor II

Have you checked the box on all the layers you want to be able to select, in the widget settings:

0 Kudos
JimWilliams
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply. So usually it is something simple like that, but I have that setting set to be able to select the the layer.

I think it has something to do with the layers and the way they are published. They are both from the same Map Service so they should be the same, correct? I looked at the settings in the REST endpoint and they are the same. I know in the documentation they say:

Caution:

Some of the actions above may not be available, depending on a single feature or a set of features and widgets configured in the app

Is there any way to tell what configurations cause what actions to to not be available?

0 Kudos
KellyArmstrong
Occasional Contributor II

Can you post the link to your service?

0 Kudos
JimWilliams
New Contributor III

Hey Kelly,

The service is not public so you couldn't access it. Is there a specific setting that you were thinking of looking at or any ideas on what to check? I am happy to provide any details if there is something specific I can provide. The help is appreciated.

0 Kudos